Mark Your Calendars


As I mentioned previously, I signed up to take part in this year's Open Studios Art Tour in San Benito County (which is where we live). While I have attended many Open Studio events, this is my first time actually participation as an exhibitor. 

Last night was the first meeting about the Open Studio tour. I met some of the other artists and we got some tips from the director of the Santa Cruz arts league who has over 300 studios participate in their tour! We have a much more manageable 27! We got the first of our collateral.. these reminder postcards and posters to share with friends and business... check it out! One of my frames is on the card!! So exciting.

For those of you who are wondering what "Open Studios" is all about... its a chance to visit the studios of working artists in your area. Many communities host such events. In our county, there is a Preview Exhibition at our local gallery in Hollister with representative works from all of the artists.. sort of an over view of what will be on the tour. 

The weekend the tour itself, folks can get a map of participating artists and visit their actual studios to meet the artist, see their work, their studio and how they do what they do. The artists will also sell their work at this event. It can be very informative and quite interesting as most artists have exhibits or demonstrations of how they create their work!

Needless to say, I have been working feverishly to get ready for the even even though it is still a couple of months away. I know how deadlines can sneak up! and I don't want to be unprepared. There is a long check list running through my head at all times and I should probably write it down so I can actually check things off as I go. 

If you are local to the area, I encourage you to visit the exhibit in May or visit some of the studios the first weekend in June! Hope to see you here!!

Comments

Popular Posts